The Romanian government plans to ease the immigration eligibility requirements for foreign nationals in Romania. The Romanian Government will draft legislation and submit this to parliament and if approved, the changes would be introduced as a five year pilot programme until 2023.
If the legislation is approved the following changes will be enacted:
- Work authorisations are not limited to a national quota
- Employers would no longer be required to undertake a local resident labour market test to search for local talent before hiring a foreign national worker
- A Local Hire work permit application would be processed one to two months faster since employers do not have to advertise job vacancies
- Foreign nationals would no longer need a certain educational level to qualify for a work permit
- EU Blue Card applications no longer have to receive a monthly salary of RON 16’648
The eased regulations and will make it more attractive for companies to sponsor EU Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) Permits in Romania.