Latest updates to the change of status process in Peru
On 19th March 2018, a new process for “Change of Immigration Status” applications in Peru were be introduced. Change of Immigration Status” applications are for those foreign nationals that wish to convert their status from a visitor to a resident worker.
Applicants must attend the immigration office in person and will have the facility to track their application online.
Under the previous process, there were more steps required and it was possible to authorise a third-party representative to submit the application at the immigration office.
- The applicant must pay the processing fee
- Then the applicant must book their appointment online to visit the immigration office where they will submit their application and biometrics
- At the appointment the applicant will be given an online account where they will be able to track the progress of their application
- Once the application is approved, the applicant is given a notification via the online system
- The applicant must pay a further application fee and book another appointment at the Immigration Office to collect their ID card (“Carné de Extranjería”)