The Immigration Department of the Ministry of Interior in Chile introduced new processes on April 23rd 2018 which will last until July 23rd 2018.
For foreign nationals entering Chile it is recommended that they carry the following information:
- Valid passport (with a minimum six months validity)
- Cash (approximately US$100 per day of stay with a cap of US$1,500)
- Hotel information/booking
- Flight return ticket
Under the new processes the current estimated times are as follows:
- Special Work Permit for Tourist: 2-5 work days
- Withdrawal of tourist card: 3-5 work days
- Visa Application Receipts: 45-70 work days
- Visas: 4-6 months
- Permanent Residence: 8-12 months
- Visa stamp: 2-3 work days.