Latest update on UAE
As of 25th December 2016, all Dependant Visa related applications in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will be processed through E-Vision. There is no need for residents to visit the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) headquarters or external branches in person to; apply for any visa, cancel any visa, apply for new residency, renew residency or other related services.
Manual applications are no longer accepted and E-Vision (online visa application) is compulsory for all immigration applications.
The expected changes are detailed below:
- Original Emirates ID of the sponsor is compulsory
- Sponsor ‘s signature is no longer required
- Once the GDRFA issues the Online Entry Permit, it will be available on the online portal for the applicant to print
- All supporting documents uploaded including the visa applications should be in JPG format
- For dependant visa application the sponsors IBAN number is requiredAlthough original passports will be required for residence permit stamping, there is no need for the applicant to personally take it to the immigration authorities. Instead it will be collected from and returned to the sponsor by an accredited immigration courier.