Latest On The Visa On Arrival
The recent introduction of the Visa on Arrival (VOA) for intended visitors and aimed to boost tourism, attracting foreign investment and simplifying business travel in Nigeria
The following activities are permitted to apply for VoA on business activities
- Visiting local offices and subsidiaries
- Attending seminars and administrative training
- Attending exhibitions, shows and concerts
- Attending and holding business meetings, lectures and round table events
- Attending information gathering sessions for corporate decisions-making carried outside of Nigeria
- Invitation by a state, government, ministry or any agency of government for meetings and consultations.
The application must be approved before the applicant before the applicants boards the plane. The VoA could be granted for unrestricted leave to stay in Nigeria for up to 90 days and can be extended for an additional 90 days.
Applicants must have a local company that would submit the pre-approval application to the Nigeria Immigration Services and to also consent immigration responsibility.
Holders of the VoA are not permitted to work in Nigeria and the VoA cannot be converted into a work authorisation.