The European Parliament previously approved the revisions to the Posted Worker directive on 29th May 2018. The main revisions to the Posted Worker rules are:
- Posted foreign national workers must earn the equivalent pay as a resident national
- Durations of work postings are now set at a 12 month maximum with a possible six month extension
- The home country pay laws will apply to the posted foreign national workers
- Travel and accommodation must be paid by the employer and must not be deducted from the worker’s salary
- Posted workers must be provided suitable accommodation in line with the host countries rules
The EU member states have two years, from 29th May 2018, to adopt the posted worker rules into their legislation and labour laws and implement them.