Latest update on new visa free rule in Belarus
As of 11 February 2017, the Decree of the President of Belarus Republic will introduce the new visa free regime. The new regime applies to nationals of 80 countries and the following rules apply;
- The permitted period of stay is 5 days from arrival day
- It is only when nationals of the listed countries can arrive in Belarus without visa if they are crossing from the boarder at National Airport of Minsk. Please note this regime is not applicable to foreign nationals flying from Russia, or taking flights from Belarus to Russia. Flights between Russia and Belarus are internal flights with no international border- crossing for nationals of third countries.
- Diplomats, officials and other special passport holders do not benefit from this regime
- The following 9 countries are to meet the requirements listed below; India, China, Vietnam, Gambia, Haiti, Honduras, Lebanon, Namibia and Samoa
– Hold a passport with valid multiple visa of EU or Schengen area member state along with confirmation stamp of entry to the territory of a member state
– Hold a return ticket with return flight details from National Airport of Minsk